We've been commercially growing fruit on the same land overlooking the Connecticut River for more than a century. It's on this land that you can enjoy being a farmer for an afternoon and pick nearly 100 varieties of fruits from June through October at CT Magazine's Best Pick-Your-Own Farm in Connecticut!
Since 1741, our family has been stewards of the land. Nine generations later, we still are committed to preserving our farmland for the generations that follow. Our Eco-certified apples and peaches are born and raised right here on our farm. Whether you buy them in the Apple Barrel or pick your own in the orchards, you are getting apples and peaches that are grown in ways that respect and preserve the ecology of our orchard.
2021 Pick Your Own Procedures
Ensuring the health and safety of our customers and employees is at the forefront of our 2021 Pick Your Own procedures. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. Most importantly, we thank you for your patronage!
- If you are sick or not feeling well, please stay home and do not come to the farm or PYO
- Face coverings are recommended for Unvaccinated guests and employees when unable to maintain 6’ between you and others
- Social distancing is to be maintained between guests
- We have enhanced sanitation practices, regularly cleaning and sanitizing high touch points
- You are requested to wash and/or sanitize your hands prior to entering the field, using the wash station or sanitizer
- Purchase your containers at the designated Picking Booth
- The payment method is pay-then-pick; you can choose between 3 different size containers to purchase: 1 Quart, 4 Quart, and Tray for berries. ½ peck, 1 Peck, and ½ Bushel for tree fruit.—you will save the more you pick
- We accept cash, credit, debit, and contactless payment options
- Use the containers that we provide. There is no need to bring your own containers
- Once you are done picking you simply leave along the marked exit route and return to your vehicle—no more lines waiting to pay, and no large congregation around the PYO booth
- A field monitor will assign you to the best picking area. We will redirect you once that area has been picked out
- The number of pickers in the field will be limited at any given time to allow for safe social distancing—these limits will vary depending upon the field and/or the amount of ripe fruit within the field
- These limits may lead to wait times especially during busier times and or on weekends
- We encourage you to come during the weekday (Monday through Friday) or earlier in the morning or later in the afternoon
- Fruit picked cannot be consumed in the field, and should be washed/eaten at home
- Picnicking activity will not be allowed in the Orchard or in the PYO area
- Animals/Pets will not be allowed in the Orchard or in PYO area
- If you require a service animal please contact us in advance for specific guidelines